Still looking for a reason to join ASA?
ASA COO Video Blog
The COO Video Blog is a series of videos by ASA Chief Operating Officer Richard Bright.
When managing complex projects and complex businesses and business relationships, professional development is the solution to "keeping up with it all."
ASA Chapter Toolbox for Chapter Leaders and Staff
ASA provides educational events and tools to support ASA chapters. ASA chapter volunteers and chapter staff can earn credit toward ASA certificates recognizing their educational achievement on behalf of their chapters. Visit the ASA Chapter Toolbox
Get the Recognition Your Company Deserves! Submit Your Application for the ASA Excellence in Ethics Awards Program
ASA will honor selected firms that demonstrate the highest standards of internal and external integrity during an awards ceremony at the ASA annual convention, SUBExcel 2016, March 3-5, 2016, in Miami, Florida.
- Watch the Excellence in Ethics Awards Video.
- Download the 2015 Excellence in Ethics Awards Brochure.
- Download the 2015 ASA Excellence in Ethics Awards Application.
- ASA provides useful model documents to help with your submission and your ethics program. View the 2015 Excellence in Ethics Awards Resource Guide.
- Download the 2015 ASA Excellence in Ethics Awards Timeline.
- ASA's Excellence in Ethics Awards Program Q&A LinkedIn Group — a forum for getting answers to your questions about the award and application process. This forum includes current award recipients who have been through the application process and are willing to help guide new applicants through their application process.
Recipients of the 2014 ASA Excellence in Ethics Awards may re-apply for 2015 using the Re-Certification Form
- Application deadline is Dec. 11, 2015.
2015 September Webinar: The Subcontractor’s Guide to a Fair Lien Waiver Process
Date: September 15, 2015
Description: Subcontractors confront unique lien waiver forms and procedures on nearly every project. Unfortunately, it’s too common for general contractors, owners, and lenders to use the promise of payment and other tactics to influence subcontractors to execute lien waivers. This webinar will go through the lien waiver rules across the nation, and explore markers of a fair and unfair lien waiver process.
ASA in the News
Links below are to external sites and do not imply ASA endorsement of linked sites or their contents.
- Lien and Bond Roundup: Court of Appeals/Alabama, Federal Retainage Legislation, Nevada, NACM eNews, June 25, 2015.
- Full Funding of Change Orders on Federal Contracts - Anti-Deficiency Act, Ahlers & Cressman, PLLC, Blog, June 18, 2015.
- Subcontractors Win Big U.S. Appeals Court Ruling, Construction Equipment Guide, June 17, 2015.
- Ask U.S. Senators to Support Federal Construction Procurement Reform, AWCI MembersOnly Online, June 15, 2015.
- U.S. House Passes Proposed Law to Assure Assets Pledged Are Marketable, Valuable, NACM eNews, June 4, 2015.
- Achieve Political Success! When pursuing legislation, it is best not to go it alone, National Association of Surety Bond Producers Surety Bond Quarterly, Spring 2015, Vol. 2, Issue 1.
- Specialty Contracting Roundtable, Engineering News-Record, May 25/June 1, 2015.
- Subcontractor Rohrbach receives ethics award, Allentown (Pa.) Morning Call, April 18, 2015.
- Curtain-Wall Exec to Lead Subs, Durability + Design, April 16, 2015.
- Construction Associations Want Cost Certainty, Metal Miner, April 7, 2015.
- 'Illusory' or 'insuffient' assets pledged by sureties can be catastrophic to subcontractors or suppliers, World Fence News, April 2015, page 56.
- New FASA video-on-demand instructs subs on how to protect their companies from losses and get paid sooner, World Fence News, April 2015, page 64.
- Coalition seeks tougher scrutiny for individual sureties used by federal contractors, National Association of Surety Bond Producers, March 26, 2015.
- NACM Supports Two Advocacy Initiatives in February, NACM eNews, Feb. 19, 2015.
- Liens and Bonds Roundup: D.C., Utah, South Carolina, NACM eNews, Feb. 5, 2015.
- Subcontractors learn what makes incentive compensation most effective with new FASA video-on-demand, World Fence News, January 2015, page 56.
- ASA, ASAC urge California Supreme Court to correct appeals court's error in mechanic's lien case, World Fence News, January 2015, page 66.